24.6.09

if you think of it...

maybe you could say a prayer for me around dinner time (stateside) this summer? tonight is my first night alone in the apartment...emily has packed up her things and will fly out tomorrow morning. there is a lot going through my head and heart these days, and i would really covet your prayers during the evening hours.

i have lived alone for one summer before, but it sure feels different being in another country and living alone. lots of tears. like crying in the shower the other day when i realized i can't get a sunburn on my back anymore because no one is around to put lotion on afterward. silly, painful thoughts like that.

the Father is gracious, abounding in mercy. His plans for me are good. Pai, please be the Joy of my heart this summer.

2 comments:

Miss Abby said...

Yes, sweet Caroline, I will definitely be praying. I know that feeling. It is in those moments when the feelings feel overwhelming that you can also sense what God's power is really like. Whe you are weak, he will be your strength. I will tell you something that I always tell my little sister, Molly, before she does something scary or important (like taking a nursing test, or going in for an interview, or something like that)...Kick some Booty Ass!!! Emily might not be there, but you have a heck of alot of friends who are thinking about you 24/7 (and THAT's why God made the world so big, with so many time zones, and with so many friends...so that when we are sleeping, we know that we have friends who are awake on the other side of the world thinking about us and praying for us ; ) YOU CAN DO IT!!!! .love you soooo much.

reeseann said...

caroline!! so good to hear from you :) thanks for telling me about your moms tree, im really worried about mine haha. my next step is to watch the sprinklers the next time they come on and see if any of them are actually reaching the tree (because it obviously doesn't look like they are!). i keep watering it slowly every day with the hose for about 30 minutes, but with this dang oklahoma heat im not seeing any results!!! i miss you, friend, and i hope everything is going so well!!!