18.8.08

church and underwear

Yesterday I was reminded of the beauty of childhood innocence. We have been having house church in one of our region's apartments, and there are always plenty of kids around to make Sunday mornings quite interesting. Yesterday, Darcy, a 2-year old, curly-haired mess of a little girl, went into her bedroom and brought out all of her underwear and training panties and laid them on the end table for everyone to see. After laughing hysterically, I realized how beautiful it is that children know no shame. Carrying all of her undergarments into the house church circle required no logic or explanation. A child's existence is one of freedom and precious whim, unjaded by this world's reality. Oh to live in that shameless state again.

(However, there is no need to worry, I won't be bringing my underwear to house church next Sunday...)

1 comment:

Claire said...

you're funny, carolina. :) i want to hear allll about what you're doing, my friend!