23.6.12

recent topics...

1. John Mayer may certainly believe his "shadow days are over," but I personally appreciate his inner bad-ace attitude...and I find it more believable. Gracias, John, for this new song. It ranks right up there with Heartbreak Warfare.

2. Everyone has differing opinions regarding how to talk about sex. This week my Marital/Premarital Counseling course opted for the extremely-uncomfortable-euphemisms-route, and boy, what a strange choice. I tend to think that, at least in the academic environment, it is 100% more appropriate to use proper terminology. But that's me. If you prefer to "tend your garden," okayyy Solomon, have at it.

3. Yesterday the skies threatened to storm all afternoon. When I got home from class, I promptly put on my play-in-the-rain attire, and waited. For two hours. The sky was billowy and grey, which reminded me of standing on Portugal's beaches in the rain. Breathtaking. After two hours of summoning the rain, I gave up, came inside, and cleaned up. The icing on the cake: I got to watch my roomie play church softball in the rain last night. It was such a refreshing way to end the week. (insert long train of thought about missing daily life outdoors)

4. My 26th birthday is coming up, and I have waited my entire life for it! In 2nd grade, my teacher Mrs. Paul told us about "golden birthdays," which means the birthday on which you turn the same age as your birth-date. Even though I've been waiting my whole life to turn 26, I have no idea how I am going to celebrate the big day. I've honestly never been too concerned about birthdays, but this year I hope to do something exciting! Suggestions?

No comments: